1. One drawing of the design in two copies, if it is two-dimensional. If it is three-dimensional, then two copies of the drawings from each side of the design in addition to the oblique drawing. It is preferred to submit normal drawings instead of the photographs (colored or otherwise).
2. A power of Attorney filled and signed by the applicant, duly legalized up to a UAE consulate abroad.
3. A deed of assignment if the inventor is not the applicant duly legalized up to a UAE consulate abroad.
4. A certified copy of the Certificate of Incorporation or Extract of the Commercial. Register of the applicant company legalized up to the UAE Consulate abroad.
5. A certified copy of the Priority Document, if any.
Documents in item (1) above should be available and submitted to the Patent Office in the UAE on the date of filing the application, while documents in items (2 – 5) can be submitted to the Patent Office within 90 days from the filing date.
Possible to file multiple designs in a single application if the designs are related and the number of drawings does not exceed 20.
can still be paid during the 3 months after the due date without a late payment fee and another 3 months with a late payment fee, (the total grace period is 6 months).
Maintenance fee applicable.